California Consumer Notice of Collection
WHAT CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION?
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
DO NOT TRACK
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
As part of our recruitment and pre-employment activities, we collect the following professional and educational Personal Information about applicants:
- Contact Information/Identifiers: name, gender, age, date of birth, email address, mailing address, telephone number, social media profiles, and in certain instances, identification documents, residency and work permit status, social security number (which may also be considered Sensitive Personal Information) or other taxpayer/government identification number.
- Professional and Employment-Related Information: professional qualifications, prior employment history, education history, additional information included in curriculum vitae, and references.
- Interview Information: notes collected by interviewers and other professional assessment information.
- Pre-employment Screening: if we offer you a job, we may collect additional background information such as credit history and eligibility information (as permitted by law).
- Device Information and Other Unique Identifiers: device identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, or similar unique identifiers (to the extent you apply or otherwise interact with Acrisure careers portal).
- Sensitive Personal Information (where permitted and in accordance with applicable law): of the information listed above, social security number, driver’s license number, racial or ethnic origin, union membership, passwords (to the extent needed to re-access your application), health and medical information (including where required, drug screening results), sexual orientation, and/or criminal history, also generally qualify as Sensitive Personal Information.
In many instances, the provision of the Sensitive Personal Information listed above is voluntary. We will let you know when that is the case, and if you decide not to share these with us, not doing so will not impact your application. More broadly, the provision of your Personal Information is both a contractual and statutory obligation and is voluntary, but in certain instances, we will not be able to process your application for employment without the requested Personal Information.
If you give us the Personal Information of another person, such as, your professional references, we assume you have their permission to share their information with us.
We collect your Personal Information in the following ways, pursuant to applicable law:
Directly From You, when you create an account and profile in the Acrisure careers portal; share or use your social media profile to access the Acrisure portal; sign up with us to receive open job postings; share your resume with us, either via the Acrisure careers portal or through other means; and/or participate in interviews or other recruitment activities.
Other Sources, including employment or recruitment agencies, background check providers, references, or other publicly available sources.
We use your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information for the following business purposes ("Processing Purposes") associated with the administration of your application and our general business operations:
- To review and consider your application.
- For pre-employment screening if we decide to offer you employment.
- To consider you for opportunities we have now, or future ones, in any of the Acrisure companies.
- To administer recruitment and staffing activities.
- To manage and improve our recruitment processes and our business operations related to the recruitment process.
- To comply with applicable laws, legal obligations and/or protect our legal interests.
- We use Sensitive Personal Information to evaluate Acrisure's progress in achieving its diversity hiring goals, to ensure equal opportunity monitoring and reporting, to meet legal obligations, including providing workforce accommodations and for disability and workplace safety tracking administration.
With regard to Sensitive Personal Information, we only use your Sensitive Personal Information to provide you with the requested services and to administer your application.
If you are offered and accept employment with Acrisure, the information collected during the application and recruitment process may become part of your employment record. Employees and former employees will also receive a separate privacy notice.
Acrisure may disclose all categories of Personal Information listed above to the following parties for the Processing Purposes identified above:
- Within Acrisure. We may disclose information to Acrisure affiliates and subsidiaries in the course of our normal business operations and as needed to address our corporate structure.
- Service Providers. As part of normal business operations, Acrisure may disclose Personal Information to service providers, including in connection with recruiting and human resources support, information technology and security support, and other normal business operations support.
- Government Entities, Regulators or External Advisors. Acrisure may disclose Personal Information to governmental agencies and regulators (e.g., tax authorities, social security administration), external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, and auditors), courts and other tribunals, and government authorities, to the extent required or permitted by applicable law.
- Business Transactions. In the event of mergers, reorganizations or similar corporate restructuring activities, we may disclose information with that company. In some instances, this may include your Personal Information.
You may have certain rights regarding your Personal Information. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your Personal Information and the requirements of applicable law (i.e., your rights will vary depending on whether you are located in, for example, California). Specifically, you may have the following rights:
- Access: You have the right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you, along with other information such as the purposes of the processing, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the Personal Information has been or will be disclosed, the sources of the Personal Information, retention, and transfers of Personal Information.
- Correction: You have the right to request correction/rectification of inaccurate Personal Information we have about you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information.
- Data portability: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the Personal Information about you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Opt out of the sale or sharing of Personal Information: You have the right to prohibit/opt out of the "sale" or "share" of Personal Information. However, we have not "sold" or "shared" your Personal Information in the past 12 months.
- Right to Opt out of certain uses and disclosures of Sensitive Personal Information; however, we do not disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those which cannot be limited under California law.
Please note that many of the above rights are subject to exceptions and limitations. Your rights and our responses will vary based on the circumstances and applicable law relevant to the request. If you choose to assert any of these rights under applicable law, we will respond within the time period prescribed by such law.
Depending on where you are located, a person authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable request related to your Personal Information. If you designate an authorized person to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf, we will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf.
Your request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative of that person; and (ii) describe the request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Acrisure will retain your Personal Information, including Sensitive Personal Information, only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the above-mentioned Processing Purposes, or as required to comply with applicable legal requirements. Even when the recruitment and pre-employment screening activities are complete, we may need to keep it longer because of a legal action, or an investigation involving Acrisure.
Some web browsers incorporate a "Do Not Track" (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus for how to recognize or respond to a DNT signal. For these reasons, on applicant websites, Acrisure does not currently respond to DNT signals.
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Information and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access, or accidental or unlawful destruction of or damage to Personal Information.
Any questions or concerns regarding the handling of Personal Information by Acrisure, or related to revocation of consent to collect, process, transfer, or disclose your Personal Information should be directed by email to [email protected] or by phone at 877-504-9487.
110 Ottawa Avenue SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Attention: Acrisure Privacy Office
Effective Date. January 1, 2023
Last Updated Date. January 1, 2023