This Disclosure and Agreement to Conduct Electronic Transactions ("Agreement") describes how Acrisure, LLC and its affiliates (together with its affiliates, "Acrisure," "we," "us" or "our") delivers communications to you electronically. Please read this Agreement carefully and print or retain an electronic copy of it for your records.
1. Consent to Receive Electronic Communications. You hereby agree, on behalf of yourself and all those covered by any Contract (including any Policy) provided by or through Acrisure, that:
(a) We may provide you with any Communication in electronic format;
(b) We may discontinue sending paper Communications to you (including, but not limited to, paper Communications required to be sent via U.S. mail), unless and until your consent is withdrawn by you as described below or at our option upon notification by us to you; and
(c) We may authorize a third party to deliver certain Communications to you on our behalf and perform other services to help facilitate the delivery of Communications to you.
(a) "Communication(s)" mean(s) all the information that we are required to provide to you by law, or as reasonably necessary to administer your Contract, including, without limitation, any online enrollment or application, declarations page, Policy, certificate, terms and conditions, responses to claims, transaction history, privacy policies, periodic billing statements, amendments, services, notices and disclosures about changes in the terms of your Contract.
(b)"Contract" means a Policy/certificate or any other product or service requested by you and provided by or through us.
(c)"Policy" means a written contract of insurance, written agreement effecting insurance or the certificate thereof, and includes all clauses, riders or endorsements and declarations pages.
3. Method of Providing Communications. All Communications that we provide to you in electronic form will be provided by one or more of the following methods (to the extent permissible by law): (a) via e-mail; (b) by access to a secure website that we will generally designate in advance for such purpose; or (c) via text message or mobile message service. With respect to text message and mobile messaging service communications, your carrier may charge you a fee for receiving the message. We will provide a particular Communication via paper or other written copy if required by law to do so.
4.How to Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications that we provide to you in electronic form by calling us, or texting “STOP”, at (855) 733-3887, e-mailing us at [email protected] for personal lines insurance products, or writing to us at Acrisure, LLC, 100 Ottawa Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, Attention: Law Department. I further understand that I can revoke my consent at any time by texting “STOP” to (833) 538-2026. For personal lines insurance products, you may also write to us at QuickInsured.com, LLC, 500 S. Front Street, #840, Columbus, OH 43215. At our option, we may treat your provision of an invalid e-mail address, or the subsequent malfunction of a previously valid e-mail address, as a withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications. We will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications. Any withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period to process your withdrawal. Termination of your consent to conduct business electronically shall not affect the legal enforceability of any Contract provided to you.
5. How to Update Your Information.It is your responsibility to provide us with a true, accurate and complete e-mail address, and contact and other information related to this Agreement and your Contract, and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You understand and agree that if we send you an electronic Communication but you do not receive it because your primary email address on file is incorrect, out of date, blocked by your service provider, or you are otherwise unable to receive electronic Communications, we will be deemed to have provided the Communication to you.
You can update your information by calling us at (855) 733-3887, e-mailing us at [email protected] for personal lines insurance products, or writing to us at Acrisure, LLC, 100 Ottawa Avenue SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, Attention: Law Department. For personal lines insurance products, you may also write to us at QuickInsured.com, LLC, 500 S. Front Street, #840, Columbus, OH 43215. Please do not send confidential information to us via traditional e-mail, as we cannot guarantee that the transmission will be secure.
6. Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to access, view and retain electronic Communications from us, you must have:
(a) An up-to-date Internet browser to access your Communications;
(b) Local, electronic storage capacity to retain our Communications and/or a printer to print them;
(c) A valid e-mail account and software to access it;
(d) An up-to-date device or devices (e.g., computer, smartphone or tablet) suitable for connecting to the Internet;
(e) Added the domains @acrisure.com and @quickinsured.com to your e-mail account's list of safe senders; and
(f) Software that enables you to view files in Portable Document Format ("PDF"). You may be able to download the most recent version of Adobe Reader by clicking here. If you cannot download the most recent version of Adobe Reader, please call your device manufacturer to find out how to download software that is functionally equivalent.
We will notify you if there are any material changes to the hardware or software needed to receive electronic Communications from us. By giving your consent you are confirming that you have access to the necessary equipment and are able to receive, open, and print or download a copy of any Communications for your records.
7. Receiving Paper Copies. When you consent to receive Communications electronically, you should not expect to receive a paper copy of any Communication, unless (a) you request it, (b) a paper or other written copy is required by law or (c) we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic Communication by printing it yourself or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy, provided that such request is made within a reasonable time after we first provided the electronic Communication to you. To request a paper copy, you may do so by calling us (855) 733-3887, e-mailing us at [email protected] for personal lines insurance products, or writing to us at Acrisure, LLC, 100 Ottawa Avenue SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, Attention: Law Department. For personal lines insurance products, you may also write to us at QuickInsured.com, LLC, 500 S. Front Street, #840, Columbus, OH 43215. We may charge you a reasonable service fee for a paper copy, notice of which we will provide you.
8.Your Agreement and Consent. YOU AGREE THAT: (A) YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT, AND CONSENT TO RECEIVE ALL COMMUNICATIONS ELECTRONICALLY ACCORDING TO THE PROCESS DESCRIBED ABOVE; (B) YOUR ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE ("E-SIGNATURE") IS THE LEGAL EQUIVALENT OF YOUR MANUAL SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENTAND ALL OTHER CONTRACTS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRING YOUR SIGNATURE, AND NO CERTIFICATION AUTHORITY OR OTHER THIRD PARTY VERIFICATION IS NECESSARY TO VALIDATE YOUR E-SIGNATURE; (C) YOU ARE ABLE TO ACCESS AND READ THIS AGREEMENTAND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS ELECTRONICALLY; (D) YOU ARE ABLE TO RECEIVE AND READ E-MAIL MESSAGES SENT TO YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS OF RECORD; (E) YOU ARE ABLE TO PRINT OR OTHERWISE KEEP THIS AGREEMENTAND OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS; (F) YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FROM US UNDER THE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES IN GLOBAL AND NATIONAL COMMERCE ACT AND ANY APPLICABLE STATE LAW, AND INTEND FOR SUCH LAW(S) TO APPLY TO YOUR TRANSACTIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS WITH US; AND (G) YOU CONSENT TO RECEIVE ALL COMMUNICATIONS FROM US ELECTRONICALLY DURING THE COURSE OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH US, UNLESS AND UNTIL YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT IN THE MANNER DESCRIBED HEREIN.
Last updated: 12/22/2022